Senior Menswear Designer
We are looking for a Senior Menswear Designer to join our team based in Amsterdam. As Senior Menswear Designer, you will work closely with the Design and Product Development teams to create complete men’s clothing collections throughout various seasons and development stages.
You will be:
- Actively participating in fabric selection, wash methods, trim choices, technical details, and ensuring the perfect fit of garments.
- Innovating and developing new styles and silhouettes to keep all product categories in the men’s collection.
- Creating sketches for collection ideas and providing clear technical specs/details.
- Conducting thorough trend research and closely monitoring market dynamics, with the flexibility to travel to vendors/suppliers.
- Demonstrating a profound understanding of the ØLÅF consumer and brand.
- Knowing how to produce a commercial range, taking into account the customer types, price constraints and supplier base.
- Hold a Fashion Design degree and possess 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Are proficient in spoken and written English.
- Have a strong background in Design, wash techniques, and Product Development.
- Possess expertise in garment fit and construction.
- Are skilled in design software, including Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to transform ideas into tangible designs.
- Have a deep appreciation and understanding of current fashion trends globally.
- Are enthusiastic, passionate, well-organized, and a team player.
- Are excited about working in a small, growing business, working closely with the founder and team.
Still with us? Nice. We offer you the chance to work at a fast-growing fashion brand and a lot of learning and development, including daily nutritious lunch/snacks, weekly office drinks (we serve natural wine!), and shopping budget to get your ØLÅF goods.
If you want to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to our Design Director Crystal (firstname.lastname@example.org).